How to replace the keyboard in your Acer TravelMate 6292
1. Remove the battery
2. Remove the two small screws under the battery
3. Pull back the two small pins at the top of the keyboard
4. Remove the cover above the keyboard
Be careful, there is a short cable under the power button. Try at the hinges first with a small and flat screwdriver.
5. Use a small screwdriver to open the two small pins under the cover
6. Open up the keyboard.
Be careful, there is a short cable under the keyboard.
7. Open up the cable connector and remove the cable
8. You can remove the keyboard
You can replace the keyboard and assemble your laptop in reverse order.
Created by Qji.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
More description on repair4laptop.org.